[Hidden-tech] AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 2372 - Wifi on Amtak

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Sat May 28 10:10:35 EDT 2011

These questions are actually about getting wifi on Amtak to NYC - which is probably the
Vermonter

We just took that to DC and back and found (to our annoyance) there is a network
AmtrakConnect
both ways -- the issue is it requires a password (not just a browser screen) and I can
find no info about how to get one
except on the Acela - which this is not.

Note this is when using an iPad, so may not be the same with a laptop.

More at:
http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer/AM_Content_C/1246044325520/1237405732514

We did find some random stations have good free access - like one around Philly that is
next to a Home Depot.

Any other info would be helpful -- any Amtak network admin on the list ?

Rich

--
Rich Roth
Webmaster/Steering Committee Member