[Hidden-tech] Like Movies? LIke Beer? Join The Club! The Codependent Film Club

Evan Gregg reservoir-productions at comcast.net
Thu May 26 00:18:08 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I would like to invite all of you to join my new club.  It's called the Codepedent Film Club and it's intended for anyone who works in film/video/etc, wants to work in film/video/etc or enjoys watching and talking about film/video/etc while consuming affordable alcoholic beverages.

The first "meeting" is Thursday June 23rd at 8pm at The Wheelhouse in Greenfield.  The main focus of the night is the open screen.  It works just like an open mic except instead of trading off more terrible versions of "The Weight" we will be sharing our film/video/etc projects.  Show works in progress and get input, show something you've completed to show off your skills, or just show something embarrassing from film school that you think others might be amused by.  (I will most likely be doing the latter so that everyone else feels comfortable showing anything).

This is also meant as an informal networking/social event for film/video/etc folks.  We can be a scattered bunch and I'm hoping that by keeping it loose and informal it will bring out some folks who aren't really into crudite and name tags and will help build a more cohesive film/video/etc scene in Western Mass.

If you haven't been to the Wheelhouse before It's a rockin new bar located under the Arts Block in downtown Greenfield.  The address is 4 Court Square and you enter through the alley speakeasy style.  They have cheap beer, wine, whiskey, and tequila, free peanuts, a giant metal wrought iron wheel, 100 year old graffiti, and a shiny new projector and screen.

If you have anything you want to show or have any questions please email me at evangregg at locationreservoir.com with the length, format, and a description if you feel like it.  If at all possible please burn your work to DVD.  I will also bring my beast of a 16mm projector and a super 8 projector just in case anyone is feeling analog.

I'll be at the Hidden-Tech thing tomorrow night so I can get some crudite and a new nametag so feel free to hit me up with any questions then.  I'm also there to semi-officially represent the Berkshire Film & Media Commission (www.berkshirefilm.com) so you can ask me about that too. The BFMC is beginning the process of expanding to include all of Western Mass and I'm trying to get as many people from the valley on board as possible.

Hope you can make it, if it goes even moderately well I intend to make it a pretty regular thing.

Enabled by:

Evan Gregg
Location Scout & Manager for Film/Tv/Etc
Greenfield, MA
evangregg at locationreservoir.com
917.579.4059
http://www.locationreservoir.com