[Hidden-tech] Word 2011 for Mac troubleshooting

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Wed May 4 15:52:16 EDT 2011

I can't find an answer by googling around. What do you know?

I've been using this one Word document for years in PC without a problem
but in Mac I'm having real problems.

The doc has checkboxes and drop down lists in its form design. When the
doc is Protected, all selections and x marks are there. When I need to
Unprotect to make changes that are only accessible this way (and this
happens everytime I use the doc for a new client), no problem, all
selections and checks remain, however, when I need to Protect the
document again to go and continue filling out the forms, all the
checkboxes and drop down selections disappear. I am protecting just the
"Forms" as protecting comments, track changes, etc. doesn't allow for
normal document composition.

With hundreds of checkboxes and dropdowns, this is getting ridiculous to
manage. Can you help?

Stacy