[Hidden-tech] free newsletter template

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Mon Mar 28 16:43:41 EDT 2011

On 3/28/11 11:23 AM, Jessica Waters, In Perfect Order Organizing Solutions wrote:

> Greetings, all! I have a client that is currently using ConstantContact for his newsletter
> mailings. We have had a lot of trouble with about 40% (!!!) of his contacts bouncing back for no
> reason, as they are fully opted in. When he uses the same exact list and email from his aol
> account, they all seem to go through and he gets a high response rate to the mailing.
>
> Long story short, we would like to divest from CC completely and just go with a free newsletter
> template that he can send out as a .pdf from his aol account. Does anyone have any suggestions as
> to where to find the best one page template?

Just as a side comment . . .

In spite of the intent of CC and their sponsorship on NPR, etc., on many of the open source spam
fighting lists that I belong to CC is regarded as offensive. The very idea of CC is found to be
offensive as well as the action implied by the name. There is a representative of CC who frequents
some of those lists and tries to argue their side, but they get drowned out or shouted down.

The point is that CC is well known among spam fighters, and in spite of efforts on CC's part to do
things right with regard to mail protocols and reputation, they are regarded as spammers and thus
put on black lists and blocked in other ways. This gets rolled into default settings so that
sysadmins who install spam fighting software often end up blocking CC mailings. Many do it
intentionally.

I'm presuming, of course, that CC does handle their mail protocols correctly.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
    O__  ---- Systems Administrator
   c/ /'_ --- Biology&  Geology Departments
  (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center

<hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu>

Erdös 4