[Hidden-tech] Colocation options for a server or two

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Sat Mar 19 18:54:19 EDT 2011

While EC2 is a good option, in fact. we have clients trashing older servers as they come
off maintenance and switching
strictly to EC2 - there is still a learning curve and they have their own quirks it takes
time to learn - we've been
using the for about 2 (or is it 3) years and have about 50-60 instances there.

Frankly I'd suggest being a bit patient -- getting a new machine up in 2 weeks in a colo
you've never
use before is not unreasonable. And I've always found Crocker to be most helpful -- we
have a few machines
there

Rich

--