[Hidden-tech] Recommendations for 1.5 or 2 TB External

Matthew Lampiasi mattl at florenceit.net
Wed Mar 16 12:38:35 EDT 2011

Hi
I do this on my own hosting servers, as do a couple of customers who want their data backed up remotely but handled and monitored and automated by a local company. Using rsync technology that only backs up the changed parts of a file, it's pretty efficient. You could use ftp as you suggested as well, though it would use more bandwidth and time. FTP  can be automated as well.
Shoot me an email if interested. My plans are sort of "beta" right now, and are not bargain priced (2GB for $5.00 monthly), but there you go :)

Im thinking this should be a new topic title.

On Mar 16, 2011, at 12:00 PM, hidden-discuss-request at lists.hidden-tech.net wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:08:31 -0400
> From: Duane Dale <duane.dale at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Hidden-tech] Recommendations for 1.5 or 2 TB External
> 	Hard Drives for OSX
> To: lynn at starstruckdesign.com
> Cc: hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.net
>
> Many of us are buying more storage capacity at a web host than we're
> actually using. Is it feasible to think of posting backup files in a
> limited-access portion of one's FTP directory? Is anybody using that as a
> backup strategy?
>
> -- Duane Dale

Thank you,

Matthew Lampiasi