[Hidden-tech] Film Production In Western Mass

Evan Gregg reservoir-productions at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 14:58:32 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Since I got so many responses to my last two messages I thought I would send another to spread the word about The Berkshire Film & Media Commission.  I am currently working with the BFMC as they expand into promoting film production in all of Western Mass, not just the Berkshires as they have been doing.

I know there are quite a few filmmakers and others interested in film on this list so I thought I would encourage anyone who hasn't already done so to add themselves to the production guide on the BFMC website which you can find at http://www.berkshirefilm.org

They have been fielding quite a few calls from producers lately on both the east and west coast looking to film in the area.  Diane from the BFMC is really good about encouraging producers to hire locally whenever possible so being listed in the production guide is a great way to get noticed and eventually hired.  The guide isn't just for videographers or electricians but anyone who would be interested in being a production assistant, or scenic (set painter), set carpenter or any of the many jobs on a film set.

Not only will getting more people listed in the production guide lead to more exposure for those individuals but it will also go a long way towards showing the level of support there is for film production in Hampshire, Franklin, and Hampden Counties.

In addition please consider donating to the BFMC.  As it stands financially they can't afford to hire anyone else and with only one very hard working full time employee it will be difficult to fully advocate for a wider area.  Right now I am donating my time in the form of promoting the organization to the rest of Western Mass in order to drum up support and funding with the eventual goal of becoming an additional employee with a focus on Hampshire, Hampden and Franklin counties as well as an in house location scout.

If you donate or add yourself to the production guide please mention my name and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me off list, either by email or phone.

Also, if you haven't checked out my website yet or even if you have but not in the last 48 hours take a look.  I just finished a pretty major upgrade.  It's still only as fancy as my limited web designing skills and software will allow but it should be easier to navigate and more pleasant to look at.  I will be adding locations regularly from this point on.  And please like the site on facebook and follow in on twitter as I will be posting location photos and also any location requests I get from productions looking at the area.

Thanks, and sorry for being so long winded,

Evan Gregg
Location Scout & Manager for Film/Tv/Etc
Greenfield, MA
evangregg at locationreservoir.com
917.579.4059
http://www.locationreservoir.com