[Hidden-tech] Recommendations for 1.5 or 2 TB External Hard Drives for OSX

Christoher Eliot cre at empiremaster.com
Tue Mar 15 18:39:03 EDT 2011

On Mar 14, 2011, at 7:26 PM, Lynne Rudié wrote:

> My recommendation is to buy more than one and keep redundant backups.

Good idea: these days drives are much cheaper than data.

> You don't really know when a drive is going to go bad, most of them
> last for quite a while but none of them last forever. I have 3
> external drives sitting side by side on my desk.

I would not leave them all side by side and especially not all
connected. That becomes a single point of failure; imagine a bucket of
water spilling on your desk wiping out your business. You would be
well off to keep one backup drive at home, one in the office and one
locked up, rotating weekly or monthly.