[Hidden-tech] Drawing graphics over video on the Mac

Videatives videatives at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 14:52:48 EDT 2011

Hello HT'ers,

Does anyone know a straight forward way to draw graphic lines over
video  I would love to learn that what we see newscasters do on a
Smartboard (draw trend lines on a stock chart with a swipe of the
finger) can be done at home.  Seems like someone would have made an
iPad app for this.  I could use this with a freeze frame from the
video, but would do back flips if I could motion track with my finger
as it makes a dot or a line that tracks a feature in the video.  Of
course, I may have to call Pixar and mortgage my house for this sort
of utility.  Perhaps a graphic tablet app could draw lines over still
video frames or even moving video.  I would like to avoid importing a
predrawn graphic that matches the video.  This is generally rather
tedious.

Thanks,
George

George Forman, President