[Hidden-tech] Free anti-virus for PC?

Naaz Hosseini soundshifter at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 21:12:04 EDT 2011

I'm looking for a fast, simple way to protect my old PC while I update my websites.

My situation:  I moved to a Mac over a year ago.  The software I use to update my websites is on my PC and I don't want to buy a version for Mac.  I just want to go in and make some changes...simply.  But, I want to protect my PC while I do that.

PC World recommends Avira and Avast as the top 2 free software programs.

Does anyone know if downloading Avira or Avast would be sufficient and not overtax my old PC which I think is 5 years old and can't handle a lot of activity at once.  I also left my books on the PC using Quicken so I want protection for that reason too.

Thanks for your help,

Naaz

Naaz Hosseini, MA, LP
Voice Empowerment, Attunement & Healing