[Hidden-tech] employment>UNIX quote engineer

Bill Kirtz billkirtz at verizon.net
Sat Jun 11 09:53:41 EDT 2011

UNIX Quote Engineer
1 position in Stow, MA
As a result of continued demand for our products and services,
Translations.com is looking to expand their office conveniently located in
Stow, MA. We are looking for a client-focused, self-motivated UNIX Quote
Engineer to join our "startup within an established company" and work on a
product with explosive growth. You will be working on website projects for
major Fortune 500 companies. Your work will directly impact live websites of
our worldwide client base.

Translations.com is a world leader in website localization, software
localization, GMS (Globalization Management System) software products, and
enterprise-level, professional translation services. By allowing our clients
to compete more effectively in the global marketplace, we help them grow
their businesses internationally. Our dedication to client satisfaction is
what we consider to be our most valuable asset. Please visit us at
www.translations.com.

Requirements, Education and Experience:
.	BS requires, BSCS highly desired or equivalent work experience
.	Fluency in English a must along with excellent verbal and written
communication skills
.	Solid understanding of websites; HTTP/HTTPS, HTML, DHTML, XML, JSON,
JavaScript, and AJAX
.	Fluent with UNIX command line, vi or emacs (UNIX scripting a plus)
.	Comfortable with Subversion/SVN or a comparable version management
system
.	Comfortable with Robots.txt, Sitemaps and other website meta data
.	Must possess a sense of urgency and the ability to work under
pressure
.	Must be self-directed, possess excellent time management skills and
a strong business sense
.	Possess a high degree of pride in quality work
.	A willingness to work off hours (24/7) to accommodate our customer's
needs
.	Detail oriented and a commitment to results

Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
.	Use UNIX editors to set up profiles for websites (similar to Apache
configuration files)
.	Use various UNIX command line programs to spider client websites in
order to gather certain types of data
.	Use Bourne shell scripts (and other scripting languages) to drive
UNIX spiders so that websites can be spidered and respidered consistently
.	Use web tricks to ensure that client websites are completely
spidered and that we do not miss any content
.	Learn translation industry terminology and how we quote website job

Resumes should be sent to: wkirtz at translations.com