[Hidden-tech] Rain, Postponed: Spfld Tornado work party Sat. 6/18 9:30AM. Come help poor families move from devastated homes.

Lisa Hoag 1world4all at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 08:14:53 EDT 2011

Rain Date: Meeting in Springfield, Sat. 6/18 @ 9:30am Burger King 489 State St.
Opposite Springfield Technical Community College (STCC). Google map:
http://bit.ly/mHpITz.

Please forward this Facebook event to your freinds:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167524816643133 I will be
creating more events at this link

Contact Deacon Lloyd Creswell: 413-330-7098
lloydcreswell19 at comcast.net or Lisa Hoag: 413-548-4553
1world4all at gmail.com  RSVP by email or phone if you can. If you can't,
just come at that time.

We are working in a very poor neighborhood in Springfield which was
hard hit by the tornado, and has received practically no assistance,
unlike the wealthier neighborhoods, where volunteers Meeting in
Springfield, Sat. 6/18 @ 9:30am Burger King 489 State St. Opposite
Springfield Technical Community College (STCC). Google map:
http://bit.ly/mHpITz.

Please forward this Facebook event to your friends:

lloydcreswell19 at comcast.net
or Lisa Hoag: 413-548-4553 1world4all at gmail.com

RSVP by email or phone if you can. If you can't, just come at that time.
We are working in a very poor neighborhood in Springfield which was
hard hit by the tornado, and has received practically no assistance,
unlike the wealthier neighborhoods, where volunteers have been
flooding in.

Our neighbors in Springfield need our help from all our family of
Western Mass communities. Last Sunday, Deacon Creswell, although on
disability due to a stroke, and although he is not supposed to lift
anything heavy, has moved 33 families in 2 days. He got involved when
he went down to the Six corners neighborhood (which was very hard hit)
to see the damage.  He saw a woman with her two children outside her
ruined house with her belongings, crying because she had no money to
pay for a van or any way to move her things. Since then, he has been
working nonstop with no help. When I talked to him last, he had spent
$1000 of his own money to do things like put a 90 year old woman's
belongings into storage whose house was destroyed. He has spent his
mortgage money for this month to help people. We are asking for
donations to his church to help defray the costs of the rescue
efforts.

What are needed right now:

• People to volunteer to help families move.

•Trucks and vans to help families move their belongings.

•Donations of $5, $10, $20 to Deacon Creswell's church to help pay for
the expenses incurred for their rescue efforts; gas, storage for
people's things in some cases. Defray expenses. (See below)

•Note: We will be unable to help with trees and chainsaw work, as
this work is too dangerous for volunteers, and the liability is too
great.

United Temple Church of God in Christ
191 Walnut St.
Springfield, MA 01105
(413) 747-0758
email: lasavior at aol.com

If you can't make it on Saturday, anyone wanting to help out on any
day can contact Deacon Lloyd Creswell directly - again at
413-330-7098.

We will be working with the network of Springfield churches to bring
immediate help to those in immediate need.

Please distribute this event widely

Thank you!
and all the Best,

Lisa Hoag