[Hidden-tech] 2x1G (2G) Desktop Memory soon to be looking for a new home

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Jun 3 22:52:02 EDT 2011

I have some new memory on order (should arrive on or before Monday June
6th), and because of the sort of motherboard I have, which requires
that if I use all 4 slots, all four memory sticks have to be exactly
the same -- I guess this is the norm these days -- and because the type
of memory I have now is not available anymore, I am getting *different*
kind of memory (a pair of larger (2G each) capacity sticks).  I have to
pull the old memory.  Rather than just toss this perfectly good memory
in a junk box or (worse!) into a land fill, I am offering it to any
other techies who might have a machine that can use it.  I paid $32 for
it in July of 2009, I am willing to sell it for $20 (or best offer).
Here is the NewEgg page for the memory I am pulling:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231152

It is a G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual
Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8000CL5D-2GBPK.

(Maybe you have a machine that has a pair of these and is tired of the
Tango, and would like to play Bridge...)

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com