[Hidden-tech] TeleWeb Standards Consortium seeks open source architects and developers

Ted Williams (TSC) ted.williams at tscweb.tv
Thu Jul 21 18:41:55 EDT 2011

      TeleWeb Standards Consortium seeks open source architects and
      developers

The TeleWeb Standards Consortium, or TSC, is an early-stage non-profit
corporation founded to engineer open specifications and open source
products which will enable the TeleWeb. The TeleWeb is a hypervideo
based web intended to be deployed on the TV set and mobile media
devices. The TSC can be thought of as the W3C of the TeleWeb.

Our projects are just kicking off and we are in the very early
specification stage. This is the right time to join us if you want great
impact over the system vision, design, and direction.

All positions will be uncompensated open source development efforts.
However, consortium developers will be allowed to build for-profit
products on top of consortium products if they so wish.

We will only be developing open source code for the Unix-like operating
systems: Unix, Linux, OS-X, iOS, and possibly Android.

Technologies we will use in our development, which are spread across our
various deliverables, include:

* C++
* C# on Mono
* GTK#
* Multi-threaded Programming
* XML
* The WebKit HTML Rendering Engine
* Sockets
* Binary Protocol Development
* X-Windows
* OpenGL
* 3D Wavelet Video Codec
* Ogg Vorbis Audio Codec
* Much image and audio signal processing development for special effects

Interested parties should send email stating interest with resume
attached to ted.williams at tscweb.tv.