[Hidden-tech] where does the Parallels virtual machine reside on my Macbook Pro?

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 19:44:53 EDT 2011

I've had severe issues with my primary Mac user account since late June.
The latest is that I had to create a new user account and move my data
from user account 1 to user account 2 using migration assistant and my
time machine backup. In user 2 I was able to open the virtual machine
(XP) and applications created initially in user 1 and which appears to
reside in "users/shared/parallels", but I don't want to delete the
corrupt user 1 where I made the install until I am sure I won't be
deleting the virtual machine that now functions under user 2.

  Is it safe to delete user 1? That is, by residing in the shared
directory, will the virtual machine still be available to user 2 once
user 1 is gone?

Please reply before 9 AM east coast time on Friday when I told Apple to
call me back to move to the next step.

Thanks.

Stacy