[Hidden-tech] GAW internet

Matthew S. Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Sat Jul 9 11:39:39 EDT 2011

> How's the Mass program coming to provide high speed internet service
> in the
> Hill Towns?
>

> Jim Ussailis
> jim at nationalwireless.com

MassBroadband 123 is expected to be in production late 2013.   That network will provide a fiber node to each town (aka middle mile).  This project is funded and under way.  I have seen surveyors all over the valley measuring telephone poles.  I think they are planning on hanging fiber later this summer.   I-91 fiber is almost complete along with their connection to 1 Federal St.
http://www.massbroadband.com/mb123/onetwothree.html

WiredWest is working with towns to provide fiber to the home.
http://wired-west.net/

Levrett received a $40k grant from MBI to develop a design for fiber to the home.  Once the plan is developed it needs to be funded of course.