[Hidden-tech] GAW internet

Daniel Fried frieddan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:52:51 EDT 2011

Really?  You consider $24.95/month for 10mbps pricy?  Heck, I pay more than
that for Comcast where I get about 1.5mpbs, and only slightly less for DSL
at 768k.

As for your guess that they're using cellular signals, I don't think they
could get that speed with cellular around here... not with doing their own
cellular network buildout.  I don't think anyone is offering 20mbps cell
service in the valley, are they?

As for reception, they install an antenna on the outside of your house and
run a wire in to your computer/router.

I too was really annoyed with their lack of information on the website...
it's pretty much all that's keeping me from signing up right now.

My actual suspicion is that they went ahead and did the radio licensing
thing.  I saw the previously posted press release on whitespace licensing,
but I thought that was about a future buildout, not what they had already.

-Dan

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 9:41 AM, ussailis at shaysnet.com <ussailis at shaysnet.com