[Hidden-tech] Fwd: Updates: Alternative Energy Focus Groups tomorrow

Amy Zuckerman az at a-zinternational.com
Mon Jan 24 22:08:53 EST 2011

Dear Hidden Techies,

A reminder that my BrainTrust Alliance team and I are staging two
alternative energy focus groups tomorrow on behalf of Leviathan Energy of
Jerusalem, Israel and Amherst, Mass. As you will see, the company has
several really fabulous small wind and hydroelectric wind turbines that
founder Dr. Daniel Farb wants to bring to the U.S. market come spring.

These sessions will be working sessions aimed at producing Action Steps for
participants (see information below). The times/locations are:

Springfield:
Jan 25th 10:30- noon
Pioneer Valley Planning Commission, 60 Congress Street – Floor 1,
Springfield, MA

Amherst:
Jan 25th 5:30 - 7 p.m.
The Glass Room in the Bangs Center, Amherst (Between Rao's Coffee and
the Amherst downtown parking garage)

CURRENT INFORMATION TO BE PRESENTED ON FEDERAL RECOVERY MONEY GRANTS

As you can see from the attached slides, I recently presented on the subject
of tracking federal Recovery Act money in Philadelphia at the "Green =
Green" one-day think tank held at U Penn's Malvern campus.

The first segment of the slides refers to an historic announcement I was
authorized to make along with standards developer Lee Armstrong of
Southampaton, Mass. that affects how we all will drive on highways some day
in the future. This is NOT the focus of our sessions tomorrow, though I am
happy to discuss the impact of WAVE at another juncture.

I have culled a great deal of current information on the DOE and DOT grant
programs that relate to alternative energy. This is the focus of tomorrow's
discussions.

A GOOD SAMPLING MUNICIPALITIES, PRIVATE BUSINESSES, PLANNERS AND ENERGY
EXPERTS EXPECTED

Catherine Ratte, director of the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission PVPC)
tells me that we have several municipalities sending reps on the morning
focus group at the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission (PVPC), plus at least
one alternative energy business. Michael Wright

I'm expecting the Amherst planning department will have reps along with some
of the IT department folks CCed. Anne Perkins, who many of you know led the
construction of a "green" housing village in Franklin County, hopes to be
with us as she knows something about dealing with the US Dept. of Energy.

I'm hoping that those CCed will make an effort to attend, or send someone
from your organizations or companies. Between both focus groups, and private
conversations with most of you and a number of companies, I have no doubt
that we are well on our way to pulling together the private/public sector
coalition we need to secure substantial federal funding to "green" our
regional economy.

Looking forward to see many of you in the morning or evening.

Amy Zuckerman
Principal, A - Z International Associates, Amherst
www.a-zinternational.com
413-253-4124
413-548-0030 - cell

Hidden Tech Founder