[Hidden-tech] dry ice?

Dan Nachbar dan at nachbar.com
Thu Aug 25 09:41:29 EDT 2011

Friends of mine just froze their winter's supply of pesto.

With the big nasty storm coming this weekend, they are now worried
about the power going out and their stash spoiling.  And a winter
without pesto ...  Well, you pesto lovers understand I'm sure.

Buying a generator is a bit over the top (even for pesto)
but I thought throwing a chuck of dry ice into the freezer
in advance would buy them a lot of time to make other arrangements
if the worst comes to pass.

I know Dave's Soda and Pet Food sells dry ice but I think
one needs to make advanced arrangements. Does anyone know of
another supplier in the Amherst/Hadley/Northampton area?

Thanks,
Dan Nachbar