[Hidden-tech] need Access database created -- really what is needed is a CRM

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Sat Aug 20 11:08:27 EDT 2011

With all the discussions of Access - Kevin actually hit the nail on the head (if you read
past his FM pitch), you really need at:
" a basic business CRM "

And there are many online services that can provide that - on the high end for you is
Sugarcrm.com and there are much smaller ones (see below for some suggestions)

I would step past ' created in terms of my specs' and find one that does 80 or even 90% of
what you need AND provides an export path.

For $10-50/mon you will get what you need almost instantly and you can save the $1000's
and hours that you will spend on a db project and spend them on building the business and
filling the DB.

For a head start, check this search of the HT list archives:
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=016731325759917647708%3Adxkgosqa25g&ie=UTF-8&q=crm&sa=Search

(Warning - the google list search has some issues with date ordering)
If you find a posting of interest, click on at and read the thread.

Rich