[Hidden-tech] IBM PC at 30: software is the real story

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Wed Aug 17 00:06:02 EDT 2011

The 30th anniversary of the IBM Personal Computer (earlier this month) gave me an opportunity to reflect on what really made this machine a huge success. It certainly wasn't IBM's hardware innovations or proprietary software, as there was none of that (well...very little). It was the decision to use standard, off-the-shelf components and OPS (Other People's Software). It was good to revert to my first job, as a writer, and reflect back on that period. This article is the result.
    http://bit.ly/oMwqGb
Ed
Edward J. Bride
Technology Public Relations