[Hidden-tech] Facebook problem - any wisdom?

Naaz Hosseini soundshifter at aol.com
Wed Apr 27 11:15:25 EDT 2011

Dear Hidden-Techies,

It's my turn to have a Facebook headache.

Quick setup: 2 days ago someone in Canada contested my Facebook business page using the name I've used for a decade.  She claimed she owns that name and that I have stolen her brand.  I checked, and she has not trademarked the name.  Unfortunately, I haven't either.  She called me once and posted comments repeatedly on my page for 12 hours, then complained to Facebook.  Facebook removed my page just like that.  She now has posted a page with the same name but has not posted any info yet.

I understand that the only way to sue Facebook is to retain a lawyer in California.  This is not an option for me.

I have responded to Facebook with evidence that I have been using the name as well and that she has no more rights to it than I.  They removed my page anyway.

I would appreciate any thoughts, knowledge, experience that you can share with me?

Thank you,

Naaz

Naaz Hosseini, MA, LP
The Power of Your True Voice