[Hidden-tech] HP Pavillion ZD8000 with XP Media Center weird video aliens.....

dstevens at tryandfindit.com dstevens at tryandfindit.com
Thu Sep 9 09:05:18 EDT 2010

Good Morning All,

My laptop seems to have a video issue. I get fine white lines running
across my screen. I also get multi-color boxes that come up when I boot
up to my desktop. When I run in "Safe Mode" seems to be okay. When I go
into the Bios everything is okay. I have un-installed the video driver,
downloaded the latest one, and re-installed. When I do this, I get a
Blue Screen and my laptop keeps rebooting. So, I uninstall the driver
and use the default driver from XP... works okay, but then the white
lines come back. Anyone had this issue before? One more thing, I called
HP tech support and they said the hardware is okay, and I should
re-install XP... I hate to have to do that....

thanks,
don

TFI Enterprises
Donald M. Stevens