[Hidden-tech] Secure FTP

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Oct 5 17:00:29 EDT 2010

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:18:32 -0400, Daniel Lieberman <daniel at daniellieberman.org> wrote:
> I have a client who needs to be able to send and receive spreadsheets
> securely. The preferred solution is secure ftp, as that is what the people
> involved are comfortable with now and we would prefer not to make anybody
> learn anything new.
>
> Any recommendations for hosted solutions at a reasonable price? Or other
> possible solutions - is this something we might be able to host on our own
> domain, for example? I don't see it as a service that our hosting company
> (Dreamhost) offers, but it may be.

Dreamhost advertises SFTP support for their web hosting logins, so
certainly their servers support it.  Are you using their VPS service?

If you want a custom sftp hosting solution I can provide that (I do
custom hosting for people the cookie-cutter hosting solutions don't fit).

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com
Business Process Automation - Network/Server Management - Routers/Firewalls