[Hidden-tech] FOOD IS HOT! - Dec. 7 - Seeking Presenters

Amy Zuckerman az at a-zinternational.com
Tue Nov 23 11:57:57 EST 2010

Dear Hidden Techies,

On Pearl Harbor eve, Tuesday, Dec. 7, FOOD IS HOT! comes to the cafeteria of
the Holyoke Community College (HCC) Kittredge Center. 5:30 - 9 p.m.

I am seeking presenters RIGHT NOW for this really fabulous biz
networking/professional development program that focuses on how one can
train to enter any aspect of the food industry, which is HUGE. Or how to
build a food-related business.

THE FIRST 10 TO SIGN ON  REPRESENTING ONE END OF THE INDUSTRY (see below)
GETS A FREE TABLE

Here's what this program is all about. Many variations, including a big one
with keynote speakers, workshops, a food fair and even making a regional
cookbook table is being scheduled for 2011.

'THE PROGRAM DESIGN

I am hoping we will attract businesses and academics/trainers who can
represent any aspect of this industry. It's one of the biggest in the world
and always recession proof so here's a partial list of possible presenters

Business and marketing consultants

Technology developers, especially Web designers, e-commerce and backend
experts

Restaurants, Cafes, coffee roasters, caterers, chocolatiers, vintners, etc
.. .

Cook book authors, editors and distributors

Anyone in the digital arts who tell us all about the best and worst stuff
happening with food and distribution

Food scientists

Local farmers

Paper goods and party sales retailers and whole salers

Songwriters and poets who can sing FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD, LOLLIPOP or even,
better read or sing your own stuff

Water filters and distributors, plus all beverages

Viking and other stove, refrigerator, fancy sinks and cabinets and on and on
- manufacturers and retailers

Contractors who rehab or build restaurants, kitchens, et al . . .

Natural gas and propane distributors to tell us the benefits of gas cooking
and how to protect our homes from gas

Have I missed anything? I was thinking municipal sewerage treatment
facilities, but I think we can hold that one for a science program.

SET UP

Presenters will be given tables, ringing the cafeteria. Each selected
presenter -- up to 10 or so -- will get three-to-five  minutes to explain
their side of the business. We will then break and allow the attendees to
wander from station-to-station and spend time with whomever they choose.

MUSIC, POETRY, COOK BOOKS, STRUCTURED NETWORKING

The space is plenty big and offers lots of networking opportunities between
attendees. We will have music, food (probably provided by the HCC food
service), cookbook authors and anyone literary who wants to read their work.
Paul Richmond is my poet of choice and one of our great SOW THE SEEDS
alliance organizers.

I will offer some structured networking after the formal program for anyone
who wants to be introduced in a more formal fashion.

PR PATRONS GET A TABLE

As with all of my Valleywood and other programs, those who present get free
table space.

MORE DETAILS COMING IN A FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Prices, etc. . . And a color
promo is coming.

I will be providing more details on attendee and exhibitor pricing in the
next email out. You can see the pricing up on www.a-zinternational.com. Go
to CONFERENCES on the right-hand column. The first link says Hidden
Hollywood in yellow. Click on it and then scroll down to the registration
links. You need to fill in the required fields to get the pricing.

So PLEASE get this information out to your members ASAP. Have them CALL ME
at 413-253-4124 and email me at az at a-zinternational.com along with Pat
McLaughlin, my VP of Operations. "Patricia McLaughlin" <twocatsmom at gmail.com
>,

ALL HCC STUDENTS AND FACULTY AND ENTREPRENEUR LECTURERS GET FIRST CRACK AT
THE FREE TABLES. The also get half prices on tables.

ALL PRESENTERS THIS TIME GET HALF PRICE FOR THE BIG ONE DOWN THE LINE.

SO - ANYONE YOU KNOW who runs a food-related business, or offers training
programs or teaches courses in anything from marketing to food science, is
welcome to present. The first 10 companies who sign on get a free table.

I am pleased to introduce Ed Greenbaum, former owner of his family's Seder &
Seder food distribution business then based in Webster. Ed has agreed to
provide the gathering a brief overview of the food industry so people can
get a sense of how huge the food biz is. Everything from farmers to
caterers, vintners and coffee roasters, and of course restaurants, markets,
etc ... .

Hoping to see you all there. It will be a blast.

best,

Amy Zuckerman

Hidden Tech Founder
Principal, A - Z International Associates, Amherst
Owner/Valleywood (r) Productions