[Hidden-tech] writing rates

Claudia Gere Claudia at ClaudiaGereCo.com
Tue Nov 9 21:10:02 EST 2010

>From what I've heard, it's not unusual for journalists to be paid per word
for online articles (I'm not sure what you mean by content). I'm not current
in that field but have heard the going rate is around $1 per word and up
depending on how specialized/ technical the content is. Perhaps The Writers
Market will have a range for that as well.

You can always reverse engineer your rate by using a sample of something
similar you've already written. How many hours does it ordinarily take you
to create that amount of content, how much do you want to make per hour,
divide the total by the number of words in the sample.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Claudia

Claudia Gere & Co. LLC
Helping smart people become outstanding authorsT

Follow me on Twitter: @claudiagere

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudiagere> Join me on LinkedIn

Claudia at ClaudiaGereCo.com

 <http://www.claudiagereco.com/> www.ClaudiaGereCo.com