[Hidden-tech] TETHER.com et al, using cell phone as modem

Will Loving will at dedicationtechnologies.com
Tue May 25 19:12:51 EDT 2010

Every summer when I go to the Cape for a couple of weeks, I tether my Mac
laptop to my cell phone. I can do it either with Bluetooth or with a USB
cable that I have. My phone service is with Sprint and I get excellent speed
despite being in a campground in North Truro.

Before I go on vacation I call up Sprint and ask to have the data plan
activated. When I get home I call again and ask  them to turn it off. Cost?
$15/month pro-rated to two weeks. The setup Charles gave you is similar to
what I use. You have to make sure BlueTooth is turned on on your phone and
then use the BlueTooth setup in System Preferences or the Bluetooth menu bar
icon to set up pairing with a mobile phone.

Will

Will Loving, President
Dedication Technologies, Inc.

--