[Hidden-tech] TETHER.com et al, using cell phone as modem

Roger Williams roger at qux.com
Mon May 24 09:59:33 EDT 2010

  > Anyone had success using Tether or something like it to connect a (mac) to
  > the internet via a cell phone connection?

Well, Tether is limited to the BlackBerry, but seems to work fine for folks
with that device.  They have a free trial, so I'd recommend that you just go
ahead and try it.

I've had good luck with PDAnet on several smartphones (iPhone, Droid).  Both
Linux and OSX 10.5 have built-in support for Bluetooth DUN, so you don't have
to install any software on your laptop.

--
Roger Williams <roger at qux.com>
Chief Technical Officer, Qux Corporation