[Hidden-tech] FTP upload with file naming control

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon May 10 17:47:34 EDT 2010

On Mon, 10 May 2010 16:12:37 -0400, Jason Toews <jasontoews3434 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can imagine a couple ways of resolving this:
>
> 1) Throw together a little homegrown utility that serves as a front end (or
> substitute) for the existing FTP client. This utility would require them to
> enter basic info about the files before uploading, and the files would be
> automatically renamed based on that info.
>
> 2) Create a web-based interface for the FTP server, which would serve the
> same purpose as #1.
>
> I've done some searching, but have yet to find an existing (Windows) FTP
> utility that includes such features... can someone prove me wrong? Any other
> suggestions?

If you are envisioning a form that they fill out to do the upload, then
I'd say that the web form is the logical way to do this.  This could be
very quick and easy to throw together, too (a simple CGI script would
do it).  Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss further how to
set something up.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com