[Hidden-tech] LinkBuilding.Net

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Thu Mar 18 07:55:05 EDT 2010

Val Nelson wrote:
> Hi Fred and Kimo,
> I agree with others who have said run away, especially because of what
> Jeff Rutherford said about Google penalizing your ranks if you sell
> links. Search engines will usually figure it out. I've seen it happen.
>
> The only scenario in which you should ever sell a link is if they will
> still pay you if you put a "nofollow" attribute on the link and an ad
> disclaimer notice near the link, because that will keep Google's trust
> in your site. However most ad link brokers won't allow that.
>
> If you want to make money with links on your site, check out affiliate
> options. I wrote about various do's and don'ts for putting ads on your
> blog (or website) here:
> http://www.valnelson.com/blogging/should-i-put-ads-on-my-blog/

I don't really get these objections. What are "ads by google" all about
if google doesn't like ads? And what are those ads all over the
commercial sites and newspaper sites? And why is it that we constantly
hear on the news that the internet business model for many of the big
players is advertising?

It seems that the decision process for both sides would revolve around
relevance and cost effectiveness of the advertising. Is it appropriate
for your site and does it add anything? Or is it just plain dollars and
is it worth it? Does it fit your business model and hit your audience?

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator