[Hidden-tech] Encryption question?

RA Cohen roy at net-vantage.com
Fri Mar 12 11:35:21 EST 2010

Everyone has the same problem: how to securely communicate with others. If you
know the party and communicate with them routinely, then pgp keys can be
exchanged and a variety of email clients will more or less work with this.
However, how do you do this when the party is new, doesn't want, or can't
exchange keys? The answer is: Secure Messaging.

In its simplest form, the document/information you need to deliver lives on a
server in your control. You simply send the receiving party a SECURE LINK to
the document. They get to it thru an ssl browser session, and voila, you are
done. It never travels the email universe (only the secure link does). When
your recipient clicks on the link you can also have varying levels of
security, from no login required, to a username and password combination.

When you combine this with secure and audit-trail producing storage, you have
a win/win combination.

There is at least one product with these capabilities I wholeheartedly
recommend: KnowledgeTree. And there is a community/open source version I use
regularly.

Hope this hasn't confused the discussion,

-Roy

--
413-223-9007 opt 1
www.net-vantage.com

Our Mission:

"Providing the same technology advantages enjoyed by large organizations to
small and medium-sized businesses, professional practices, schools, and non-
profits, at a realistic and practical cost."