[Hidden-tech] Job Posting -- Network Engineer

Stephen Hathaway sbhathaway at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 21:11:36 EST 2010

Hello,
    I work with Lili Dwight at Masonic Health System of Massachusetts in
Charlton, MA (http://www.mhs-mass.org). We are a growing non-profit with a
vision of implementing technology to enhance our independence as we age. We
have recently purchased the county nursing home, Hampshire Care, in Leeds,
where we will be implementing "Small Houses" (
http://www.smallhousealliance.org) and testing technologies.

We need bright folks who want their work to change the way we age!

We are looking for a Network Engineer to help us build, extend, and maintain
our network at and between our several sites.

Please send resume and letter of interest to:
recruiting at mhs-mass.org <ldwight at mhs-mass.org>.

Thank you for your time,
Stephen Hathaway
Director of Operations & Security
Masonic Health System

*Network Engineer*

The Network Engineer provides network engineering services, operations, and
level 2 and 3 technical support to all MHS organizations.

*Essential Functions*: The Network Engineer is responsible for the
stability, availability, and performance of network communications at all
MHS locations. The Network Engineer also plays a key role in verifying and
maintaining network security.

The Network Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of network
communications at the enterprise including terminals, local area networks,
wireless networks, communications with remote enterprise installations,
problem solving, vendor interfacing, modem communications, technical
training, and network security.  The Network Engineer must be familiar with
network topology and software including routers, switches, servers, local
and wide-area networks.

The Network Engineer works closely with the Directors of Operations and
Support, as well as the Systems Administrator, to establish hardware and
software standards, and to establish and maintain computer and network
security.

*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*

• Daily monitoring and maintenance of network infrastructure.

• Management and support of Cisco Phone systems.

• Verify and maintain firewalls and security systems.

• Analyze emerging technologies and advise management regarding deployment

• Manage multiple remote infrastructure projects

• Participate in developing SLA’s that meet the business requirements

• Participate in development and implementation of processes and procedures
for effective technology support.

• Assist in the roll out of new solutions and upgrades.

• Working with the training staff to meet the training and documentation
needs of both the end-users and the internal IT support staff.

• Documentation of network and systems.

* *

* *

*Specific Skills*

• Excellent troubleshooting skills.

• Advanced internetworking skills.

• Significant experience with network protocols such as OSPF, Spanning-tree,
SNMP, MPLS, and others.

• In depth understanding of DNS, DHCP and other protocols

• Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of technical
and professional staff, senior IT management, and all sectors of the user
community.

• Ability to keep current with technology in this field so improvements of
service can occur.

• Willing to work both "hands-on" and conceptually as needed, and be able to
juggle multiple priorities within changing technical and support
requirements.

• Project management skills

*Qualifications*

• 4+ years experience in two or more of the following areas:

• Cisco Network Administration

• Cisco Unified Communication

• Windows System Administration

• Unix/Linux System Administration

 • Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in information technology.

• Experience in customer support and a strong service orientation.

• Experience in the field of Aging is taken into consideration

• CCNP, CCNA, or equivalent certification very desirable.

*Language Skills*

• Strong verbal and written English skills

• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technology publications journals,
technical procedures, and regulatory documents. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information to management and customers