[Hidden-tech] Verizon vs. AT&T coverage

Tom Kopec tek at acm.org
Mon Jun 21 18:47:42 EDT 2010

Jeremy Cole wrote:
> I make a frequent run toVermont from Springfield up 91 and beyond.. Both work fine to Brattleboro. Beyond that, for vast stretches, Verizon is non-existent. AT&T has 3G service in some very small towns where Unicel used to have towers which they took over and upgraded. A patchwork quilt of service is better than Verizon's complete lask of service.

Interesting.. during the 4 years my Daughter was at UVM, verizon was
always the most reliable on the trips between amherst and burlington..
the carrier-du-jour that my wife and daughter were using at any given
time (sprint, t-mobile, att) would be pretty much useless for most of
the trip.

Things have changed a lot in VT, though, so I don't know what the
current situation is.