[Hidden-tech] Mac Mail - Address Book annoyance

Jeff Rutherford jeff at jeffrutherford.com
Wed Jun 9 11:40:40 EDT 2010

I use Mac Mail and Mac Address book on my MacBook Pro.

When I type an email address into the To: field, autocomplete suggests a variety of people based on the letters I'm typing.

When someone's email changes, I change their email in Address Book. However, they're old email will continually show up again and again as an autocomplete option, and I often will send to the incorrect email before realizing my mistake.

How do I get rid of old, defunct email addresses that I don't want to show up in the autocomplete in Mac Mail when sending an email?

Jeff Rutherford
413-475-0087
jeff at jeffrutherford.com