[Hidden-tech] Text/Code Editor - summary of additional responses

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Wed Jun 9 09:42:40 EDT 2010

I have collected some short answers to the topic in this email (rather
then adding noise to the list)

ian.walls at bywatersolutions.com:
        PSPad on Windows -- nano on Linux and sometimes on Mac.

Cheryl Handsaker - charlemontwebworks at yahoo.com -
        Emacs and Eclipse.

paul at alias-solutions.com:
        For years I've used a text editor called Ultraedit for the PC.  No
    particular reason, just works and low overhead.  Has tabs for files I'm
    working on.  Does all the syntax highlighting, etc.

    Also depends a lot on what you are programming.  I mainly do PHP,
ASP, HTML
                (in all flavors) and Javascript.

Brian Johnson - site-hidden-tech at sherbang.com -
        Mostly GVim on Linux.  Mostly Notepad++ on Windows.

        However I'll occasionally use gEdit on Linux and GVim on windows
                depending on what I'm doing.

Dave Anderson - anderson at crocker.com

    I like jEdit. It's not the slickest IDE you can get, but I find it
easy to
    work with. BeanShell is a nice scripting language that goes with it.
I've
    attempted to work with Eclipse, but I find it confusing. I have
Visual C++
    for C work, but I don't do that much of it these days.

--
Rich Roth
Webmaster/Steering Committee Member