[Hidden-tech] hosted web forms

DAVID SPOUND dspound at mac.com
Mon Jul 19 14:24:48 EDT 2010

I have a friend who needs some forms on his web site. For a variety of reasons (a long story that I will not go into), the forms need to be hosted on a different web server than his main web site. He asked me if I knew of a service that allows one to create and host forms to which he would provide links on his site. Ideally, all of the responses could be downloaded in a spreadsheet.

I tried doing this for him quickly using my Survey Monkey account. The problem I ran into was that if I pasted a multi-paragraph block of text into one of the fields, Survey Monkey "mashed" it into one paragraph in the output. Line breaks were ignored. That won't work as he needs people to submit several short essays, each of which could contain a few thousand characters and therefore multiple paragraphs.

He is hoping to find a service with a reasonably straightforward user interface so he can add and edit forms as his project evolves. He is not looking for someone to build the forms for him. He wants to be able to do it himself.

If you can recommend a web form hosting service, please let me know and I will pass the name along to my friend.

Thanks,

David

David Spound
http://www.valleymindfulness.com