[Hidden-tech] New security software

James Triplett jm-hiddentech at vj8.net
Sat Jul 10 22:23:54 EDT 2010

On (09/07/10 16:52), Edbride-PR wrote:
> From: Edbride-PR <Ed at edbride-pr.com>
> To: Hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.net
> Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:52:04 -0400
> Subject: [Hidden-tech] New security software
>
>    ** Be sure to fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

> Folks,
>
> In all its wisdom, Microsoft is ending support of its Microsoft Live OneCare anti-virus anti-everything software. I've already converted to my old standby, F-Secure; however, it is dreadfully slow, and slows-down my computer. What are other HTers using/recommending for XP? I know, I know: a Mac. But serioiusly, for anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-adware, etc. on the XP platform, what are you using?

Around the same time they dropped LiveOneCare, they brought out Microsoft Security Essentials,
for free.  I've installed it everywhere, and it works very smoothly.

	http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

I just can't see the sense of buying AV software from someone who has to
reverse-engineer the internals of MS software- when you can get it straight from
the source.

Good Luck