[Hidden-tech] Job Posting- Programmer Analyst Support Engineer

Lili Dwight ldwight at gsi.org
Mon Jan 25 20:43:53 EST 2010

All~

Nine months ago I assumed the CIO position for Masonic Health System of
Massachusetts in Charlton, MA (http://www.mhs-mass.org). We are a
growing non-profit with a vision of implementing technology to enhance
our independence as we age. We have recently purchased the county
nursing home, Hampshire Care, in Leeds, where we will be implementing
"Small Houses" (http://www.smallhousealliance.org) and testing technologies.

We need bright folks who want their work to change the way we age!

This position is a Support position. In the next 12 months, we will be
building our development team, and there is a place for this person on
the development team, if it interests you.

Please send resume and letter of interest to:
ldwight at mhs-mass.org

Thank you for your time,
Lili Dwight
CIO
Masonic Health System
(still working out of my home!)
Programmer Analyst Support Engineer

This Mid-level programmer/analyst position requires a person with an
aptitude for problem solving who enjoys working with people and
technology.  We are looking for an individual to join a support team
responsible for running software, hardware, phone, and life safety
systems for elder communities and those that serve them.

The preferred applicant must be a self-starting team player, interested
in supporting users of technology, and able to develop expertise in a
variety of vendors' products. This includes working with clients to
develop concepts into solutions, testing and supporting the solutions,
and working with clients to enhance existing applications. These
applications may be developed in-house or by outside vendors.

While the initial requirements of this position are in the area of
support, if the applicant has the skills and aptitude, s/he will be
considered for a software development position as the opportunity arises.

The primary responsibilities of this individual are to:

    *     Provide Technical support for a variety of software and
      hardware, primarily using SQL databases and vendor-developed
      applications.
    *     Manage service desk queues
    *     Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk
      customers
    *     Participate in on-call rotation
    *     Ensure all alerts, problem tickets and changes are processed
      according to Service Level Agreement
    *     Develop and maintain comprehensive system documentation.
    *     Develop Business reports from applications using Crystal or Jasper
    *     Testing of applications using testing software and working
      with users to maintain testing suites.
    *     Participate in IT groups whose purpose is to design and
      implement Standards for Support and Solution Development
    *     Provide basic Technical support to internal office staff for
      Hardware and Software.

This position requires experience in the following:

.    SQL/MySQL (or other relational software)
.    JAVA
.    Windows XP
.    Access
.    Crystal/Jasper report systems
.    Must be proficient and efficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
.    Must be proficient in many software applications, preferably
clinical applications.

Experience in any of the technologies below is desirable:

.    Perl
.    Linux/Unix/MAC OSX
.    PHP
.    Python
.    XML-RPC/SOAP
.    Ruby on Rails/AJAX

Other requirements:

    *     Must be able to travel to sites and clients.
    *     Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
      language.
    *     Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and
      external customers.
    *     Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
      residents, family members, visitors, government agencies /
      personnel and the general public.
    *     Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
      individuals in the workplace.
    *     Must be able to cope with frequent interruptions during the
      work day.
    *     Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
      policies of this organization.
    *     Must be able to safely operate equipment necessary for position.
    *     Must be a team player.
    *     May be required to work beyond normal working hours.

Education:

.    High school diploma or equivalent.
.    Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or Computer Science or equivalent
experience.
.    2yrs+ experience in one or more of the following areas --
    o    Desktop support
    o    Helpdesk
    o    Customer support
    o    Software Development