[Hidden-tech] Mail chimp, etc., question - running own lists

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Wed Jan 6 11:00:17 EST 2010

I fully agree - we run lists for clients, to the tune of over 100,000
emails per day on our own servers and it is a constant
project to handle bounce processing and clearing spam blocks put in
place by various ill-managed networks, like comcast.

And our lists are all double qualified emails of paid subscribers.  And
if you are even thinking of using cloud based servers,
which we also use heavily, that adds a whole kettle of worms since most
cloud networks are considered dynamic IPs
by many email RBLs.

Even lists like the HT and a few others we do for local groups take
constant watching.

In short, use a provider for a list of that size. If anyone wants to
talk to me about what we do, please email off-list

Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - Blog: http://www.rizbang.com
Helping move the world:  http://www.earththrives.com