[Hidden-tech] MAC and Verizon wireless USB760

Jeff Peck jeff.peck at snet.net
Thu Feb 18 10:06:30 EST 2010

Check the System Profiler that it is finding the USB device at all.  Under "About this Mac", click "More Info...".  Then click "USB".  You can refresh this view with Command-R.  If it is not showing up there, there may be an issue with the device itself or the USB port (assuming that a restart does not fix).  One more thing to check, even if it is showing up in the System Profiler, is the port the device is plugged into.  If it is going through a USB hub (i.e. on the back of a Mac keyboard) it may not be receiving enough power.  Try plugging into one of the USB ports directly on the computer or into a powered USB hub.  This should at least help you rule out a hardware issue.

- Jeff