[Hidden-tech] Kindle or Nook

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Fri Dec 3 16:51:03 EST 2010

You might also consider the Sony E-book -- nice little device, esp if you prefer reading
the classics - we get most of our content from gutenberg.org (although they really blew
their marketing opportunity -- they now have a store like Amazon)

We have both a Sony e-book and an iPad - we used the Sony to travel over 4 months in the
EU where we had no place for much bigger for reading -- it was great.

One thing you need to understand is the difference between a 'real' ebook and a tablet --
an ebook uses a different technology called epaper and is very slow and very low power
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epaper)

Most all devices read e-pub format and some have their own. Pdf is readable to a varying
degree.

All the Kindle, B+W Nook and Sony are e-books -- the iPad is a tablet -- I can't tell
which the color Nook is - it looks like a tablet to me.

Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - Blog: http://www.rizbang.com
Helping move the world:  http://www.earththrives.com