[Hidden-tech] Come celebrate 20 years in the Valley with me!

Amy Zuckerman az at a-zinternational.com
Wed Aug 25 10:13:15 EDT 2010

Hi Hidden Techies,

Hard to believe that 20 years ago this coming Labor Day weekend I mark my
20-year anniversary in the happy, cosmic Valley. The dates are Friday, Sept.
3 - Monday, Sept. 6.

Here are the plans:

FRIDAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY:

I plan to celebrate all weekend by visiting the places that drew me here.
Anyone who wants to join me with a trip to the Summit House in So. Hadley,
the Peace Pagoda and Book Mill in Montague/Leverett, a Friday or Saturday
night performance at The Iron Horse and -- most special -- my tour of Tibet
that starts at the Tibetan Plaza in Deerfield, loops up to Tregellys Fiber
Farm in Hawley and then ends in Shelburne Falls for dinner.

These sorts of activities will take place on Saturday and Sunday, depending
on weather. I will sub indoor activities such as a trip to the Eric Carle
Museum and The National Yiddish Book Center, both in Amherst on the
Hampshire College campus.

LABOR DAY MONDAY:

But THE BIG CELEBRATION is taking place on Monday to mark the nine years
since I conceived of and founded the Hidden Tech network in the fall of
2001. I will be holding and afternoon Hidden Tech Support networking meeting
(to be revived this fall when I have time) at Puffer's Pond in Amherst,
weather permitting. Start time is 2 p.m. I will provide food, but ask any
attendee to bring nibbles and drinks to add to my offerings.

If the weather is inclement I will post a notice on Saturday and move the
Hidden Tech Support networking meeting to the back area of Packard's on
Masonic Street in Northampton. Again, starting at 2 p.m.

There will be a celebration/school fundraiser from 5 - 9 p.m. at the DV Den
on College Street in Amherst. I am asking everyone who attends to make a
donation of $10 for the Amherst public schools. I will be a little demanding
and ask people to not indulge in the food I will provide without making at
least this donation. The fundraiser falls under the auspices of my Save the
World and Your Local Economy (SWYLE).

Hope to see you all!

Please reach me at az at a-zinternational.com

Amy Zuckerman