[Hidden-tech] Free simple collaboration web site

Wendy Forbes gwendy123 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:31:18 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I’m helping the local school board do a community wide survey. We’d like to
set up a collaboration site to help us plan the survey. What free site would
you recommend that’s simple enough for a number of very low-tech people,
some with dial-up? We’d like to be able to share and edit files, have a
message board that can be organized by topic, calendar and scheduling tools,
at a minimum. It would also be great if we could have different levels of
permission so that we can invite the public to view some files and to
comment on parts of the board. Google? Yahoo? Something else altogether?**

Also - the survey will be mailed and done through interviews, probably not
web based at all (so no Survey Monkey unless we just use it for collating
the results). Does anyone know of a source of concise advice to help design
surveys?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Wendy Forbes