[Hidden-tech] DSL & Voip

Stacey Langknecht stacey at hotsapp.com
Tue Oct 27 14:45:40 EDT 2009

Hello Everyone -

A few things here.first, some feedback about Verizon: the worst customer
service I've ever experienced, and this was from the beginning of my dsl
service a few years ago! Everything is awful from their obnoxious
auto-operator to the incompetent csr's. I just got my email back up and
running really due to the help of my host company, not Verizon, even though
it was their fault (they blocked the port a few weeks ago, then told me port
587 was fine, then after a few weeks that stopped working, and now port 26
is working again, but who knows how long this will last?!) - all this is
because we have a home business with our own domain name. So..does anyone
know of another company that offers dsl service to home biz folks that's
also reasonable???? I understand that Comcast, AT&T and the other huge
companies are all doing the same thing, and Crocker is more expensive and I
hear that they don't offer 'round the clock service if something goes wrong.
Any suggestions?

I'm also looking into VOIP and have heard mixed reviews on Vonage and Magic
Jack. Has anyone used Ooma? I have a friend down south who uses them and
says they're OK. It seems like the big issue with Voip is the connection.
Any feedback here?

Thanks for all your help!!

Stacey Langknecht

Hotsapp Woodworks