[Hidden-tech] Question

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Wed Oct 14 10:37:20 EDT 2009

Stacey Langknecht wrote

> I’m going to be working off of both a laptop pc and a mini-Mac from
> home. Can they both use the same printer? I have a Dell all in one.

"Can they both use the same printer" -- yes. Presuming it is one of the
low cost printers (with a usb connector and no network card), attach it
to the Mac mini and get it working. Then share it (System Preferences,
Sharing, Printer Sharing). The laptop can connect to the shared printer
through the Mac Mini.

"Dell all in one" -- I'm not familiar with that one. I presume you can
print to it with a Mac. If you had to install drivers to get all its
features, then you would have to install those on both machines. If it
just works, then it should just work from both machines.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator