[Hidden-tech] Looking for a Green roofer who's good and reliable

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Wed Nov 18 10:18:11 EST 2009

Coppingers Builders just finished installing a standing seam metal roof
on my house on Monday. Excellent! They only do standing seam. They are
top shelf, particular, and impressed my contractor husband beyond belief
(Whip's very finicky, hence the Uptight Insulator name for his eco-biz.)
All Englert metal colors they use - even the black - qualify for the
federal Energy Star tax credit since their reflectivity is so high.
413-367-9137 or 413-522-5874 mobile.  If you are wanting asphalt (not so
eco-minded), call them and get the name of the only contractor they
refer people to - and study up on asphalt shingles as some only last 5
years. Metal roofing done right is good for decades, so energy used for
install, disposal, maintenance is lower overall. The standing seams are
ideal for clipping on PV, which is another reason we picked them.

If you want link to pics of install when I upload them, write me. Roof
was put on old 1790 house that was stripped of 2 layers ashphalt, 1
cedar shingles, a shimmed exoskeleton built over old roofline and
plywooded over wide hemlock original boards. Neato.

Stacy

--
Stacy Kontrabecki, MBA

www.linkedin.com/in/stacykontrabecki