[Hidden-tech] Elance

Jen Kramer jen at 4webinc.com
Fri Nov 13 07:29:27 EST 2009

I would politely suggest running far, far away.

Their Joomla (web development) freelancers are mostly charging $10-$20/hr,
looking at the top 25 listings by earnings. Not surprisingly, most are based
overseas, since it would be very hard living on a rate like that in this
country. Keep in mind that is before any fee or commission.

(The cheapest Joomla developers I know in New England who actually know
their stuff are charging at least $50/hr, most $75/hr and up.)

I understand it's tough getting work in this economy, but I really think
ELance (scriptlance, and many others) are just not the way to go.

Jen

Jen Kramer
4Web, Inc.
Creators of Highly Customized Joomla Websites
www.4webinc.com <http://www.4webinc.com/>
802-257-2657
jen at 4webinc.com
Twitter: jen4web