[Hidden-tech] safe surfing tips

Reva Reck reva at revareck.com
Mon Nov 9 17:17:32 EST 2009

Filtering software is fine, but there is no substitute for a long
conversation about the importance of protecting one's privacy/identity
on the net, for talking about all the false info that's out there, and
for checking in regularly with her about what she's doing online. I know
you didn't ask about this, and you're probably already planning on doing
what I'm suggesting, but I always worry that parents will use filtering
software and think their kids are protected. Filtering software will not
protect kids, for example, from predators on social networking sites
(unless you just block all those sites), nor will it protect kids from
hate-filled mis-/dis-information.

/Reva Reck/

/reva//@//revareck.com/