[Hidden-tech] moto droid phone, something similar on at&T?

Jan Werner jwerner at jwdp.com
Thu Nov 5 16:57:53 EST 2009

Verizon will introduce the Curve 8530 ("Curve2") a few days before
Thangsgiving. It has a faster processor than the Curve 8330 and both a
mini trackpad and WiFi. It is supposed to go for $100 with a 2-year
contract, so if you can live with a 320x240 screen instead of the Tour's
480x320, it's a very good deal.

Verizon has said that all future Blackberrys on its network will have
WiFi, so while they haven't announced a Tour successor yet, I assume it
will have WiFi too if/when it shows up.

I have an aging Treo 650 on Verizon which I would be happy to replace
with a Curve2 8530 (I also have a T-Mobile Curve 8320), but I question
whether Verizon will cripple features like GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth as
they have in most of their other phones to force people to buy their
proprietary services rather than use better and freely available ones.

Jan Werner