[Hidden-tech] business cards

Garth Shaneyfelt gshaneyfelt at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 10:44:51 EDT 2009

> Advanta is shutting it's doors for ALL business cards as of
> May 30.
>
> http://personalmoneystore.com/moneyblog/2009/05/26/advanta-customers-beware-
> credit-line-cut/

Yup, they are a rather shifty-operation.  For a while the were selling derivatives based on their cards to the general public; you could buy a Cd-like "Promissory Note" and get 8-14% interest on it (back when banks were about 1-2%).  Some folks got left holding the bag as there was a large class-action suit a year or two ago (even before the funny-money bubble imploded)

re: Business credit cards, we have a CitiBusiness with ThankYou points.   No fee and we got in on a 0% (and capped fee) balance transfer deal).

-Garth